We are hiring a Housing and Outreach supervisor to oversee all housing and outreach staff at The Center at Blessed Sacrament, oversee program contracts, and build a model for the continued growth of these programs.
Our Ideal candidate will have:
- Outreach and case management experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience managing a team
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with the LA Housing Authority and the various types of subsidies
- Knowledge of both governmental and non-governmental contracts
- Strong desire to work both in the office and in the field
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience building capacity within an agency
Currently, The Center manages a 2 FTE outreach team, a 2 FTE CES team, and a 1 FTE RRAV team. Within the next year, we would like to apply for our own Section 8 Vouchers and also to evaluate all programs and their funding sources.
It will be the responsibility of the Housing and Outreach supervisor to have the Housing and Outreach team prepared for all program audits and to organize invoices and supporting documents as required by the contract. This work can be done by the supervisor or delegated to the team.
Additionally, all case loads required by contracts must be completed by staff in the Housing and Outreach teams. The Supervisor will take on a small case load as they see fit.
It is expected that the supervisor will spend at least 4 hours/week in the field with each of the housing and outreach teams to offer support and feedback.
Quarterly, the Housing and Outreach Supervisor will meet with the Executive Director and The Director of Development to discuss and analyze the effectiveness of each program and the funding source and to pinpoint the strengths and weaknesses of each program.
Required position outcomes include: Meeting all contract requirements, going above and beyond to ensure that all clients are cared for holistically through linkages to community, health, and mental health resources alongside housing.